Amazing Roasted Eggplant Dip
1 tablespoon of homemade mayonnaise*
1. Roast the eggplants in the oven at 190 C (375 degrees F) for about 25-30 minutes or until they are very soft and you can poke them through with your finger. The skin will darken a little and they will begin to smell smoky, adding lots of flavor to the dip. Once they are done, cool them for about 12-15 minutes until easily handled.
2. Split the eggplants, drain excess liquid, and scrape out the flesh.
3. Mix the eggplant flesh in a blender. Afterwards, mix in with a spoon the homemade mayonnaise.
4. Serve this dip with crispy bread.
1 egg yolk (at room temperature)
1/4 teaspoon of mustard (at room temperature)
around 150 ml of sunflower oil
1. Place the egg yolk in a bowl and stir it well together with the mustard.
2. Little by little begin adding the sunflower oil and mixing really well until the oil is absorbed and the mixture turns into a paste.
3. Add more oil if you would like more mayonnaise. The quantity of oil depends on how much mayonnaise you want.
Photo credits: Anamaria Olaru
Summer mango dip saladAugust 19th, 2014
Amazing Roasted Eggplant DipJune 3rd, 2014
Bruschetta with tuna and ricottaApril 27th, 2014
Green Peppers Filled with CheeseNovember 24th, 2013
French toastMay 20th, 2013
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.