Anniversary cocoa cake
Serves 6 persons
6 tbs of sugar
6 tbs of flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 vanilla essence
Cocoa Cake Filling
4 tbs of powdered sugar
200 grams of butter
2 tbs cocoa
1. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until they are hard.
2. Add in the egg yolks the sugar and mix well until the mixture becomes creamy.
3. Add the yolk mixture into the egg whites foam bit by bit together with the baking powder and vanilla essence.
4. Add the flour one tbs at a time in the mixture.
5. Take a round cake pan, coat it with butter and flour and add the cake mixture. Put it in the hot oven at 270 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes. To check if it’s done, poke the batter with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it means it done.
Cocoa Cake filling:
1. At very low heat, mix constantly the egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder and butter. Once the mixture thickens, put it on the side and let it cool.
Putting it all together:
1. Cut the sponge cake into 3 layers. Add in between each layer a good amount of cocoa sauce. Then, cover all layers with the sauce. Decorate as you wish.
Photo credits: Andrei Ciufu
On Human Rights Day, we speak out!December 16th, 2014
Anniversary cocoa cakeNovember 9th, 2014
Has the World Gone Mad?June 18th, 2014
Example Post #4January 28th, 2013
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.