Gluten-Free Apple Pie
1 1/2 cups almond flour
4 large eggs
5 teaspoons of lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
4 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
2. Beat egg yolks, zest, cinnamon and 2 tbs of sugar with an electric mixer.
3. Sir in almond flour.
4. Beat separately the egg whites, pinch of salt and 2 tbs of sugar until soft peaks form.
5. Blend the large white mixture into the almond mixture with a spatula. It will be very hard so mash it in and add more whites until it’s soft enough to fold in the rest.
6. Meanwhile, prepare a baking pan and place the cut apples in a circular form until you have covered the bottom.
7. Pour the batter over the apples. Do not worry if the batter doesn’t seem to cover all the apples. It’s normal.
8. Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing
Enjoy it for breakfast with a cup of hot coffee!
Photo credits: Anamaria Olaru
Gluten-free cupcakesDecember 14th, 2016
Apple cakeJuly 30th, 2014
Gluten Free Mango CakeApril 29th, 2014
Yogurt with a TwistNovember 24th, 2013
Gluten-Free Apple PieNovember 24th, 2013
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.