Quinoa Crust Recipe
Serves 4 persons
1 cup of quinoa
A pinch of salt
1. Cook the quinoa according to the box instructions. Once it’s cooked, drain the water and let the quinoa cool down.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
3. Add the egg to the quinoa and after the mixture becomes homogeneous, start spreading it on the bottom of the tart pan. Make sure it’s evenly spread throughout the entire surface and a centimeter on the edges of the pan.
4. Stick it in the oven for 15-20 minutes and leave it until it becomes golden.
5. Afterwards, pour in any quiche mixture (HERE and HERE you can find some examples) and stick it in the oven again for another 30 minutes.
The crust will be crunchy and extremely tasty. It will not become saggy because of the quiche mixture and it will surprise you how filling it will be as opposed to the flour crust. You can find HERE some good pictures of how the quinoa crust should look like.
Picture credits: Anamaria Olaru
Quinoa Crust RecipeJanuary 15th, 2017
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.