Easy Vegetarian Moussaka
Serves 4 persons
5 big potatoes
250 ml of tomato sauce
4 green onions
3 garlic cloves
300 grams of mozzarella
200 grams of Parmesan cheese
a pinch of salt, pepper, basil, oregano
half a lemon
1. Boil the potatoes with their skin on until they are soft and ready.
2. Meanwhile, peel the eggplants into sturdy rounds. Brush the eggplants with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. Place the rounds on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at around 250 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes until they are golden.
3. While the potatoes are boiling and the eggplants are in the oven, prepare the sauce. In a pan, add a tablespoon of oil and the cut green onions. Once the onions are golden brown, add the tomato sauce. Add salt, pepper, basil and oregano and let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
4. Now, you’re ready to put it all together. Once the potatoes are ready, cut them into rounds and start placing in a large dish a layer of potatoes, a layer of sauce, a layer of grated mozzarella, a layer of eggplants, another layer of sauce and mozzarella and finally, on top of it all sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Put the dish in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Photo credits: Anamaria Olaru
Quinoa Crust RecipeJanuary 15th, 2017
Asian Sesame Chicken with BroccoliDecember 6th, 2016
Easy Vegetarian MoussakaMay 18th, 2016
Flatbread stuffed with delightsNovember 18th, 2014
Yellow beans with green lentilsOctober 30th, 2014
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.